The Real Estate Tax Guy (a.k.a. Simon Filip, CPA, MST) is a partner at KRS CPAs, where he leads the firm’s real estate tax and accounting practice. As a real estate investor himself, he knows it takes a more than a little savvy to build wealth with this asset class – you need to have experts on your team who understand market complexities and guide you through them. A key member of your team should be a trusted accountant who provides a practical, independent view.
Work with a hands-on real estate CPA
To prosper in real estate, you need to have more than a vision – you need to have a solid business plan. Fortunately, the Real Estate Tax Guy is a hands-on CPA skilled at helping you funnel your vision into an effective plan that will advance you towards your goals.
He also knows that taxes will be a significant chunk of your yearly expenses, so he puts his extensive knowledge of real estate taxation to work for you to help structure your investments and operations in a tax-advantageous manner. He’ll ensure you are in compliance with the ever-changing tax laws and are using all opportunities available to minimize taxes and retain your wealth.
The Real Estate Tax Guy’s clients include real estate developers, property managers, owners, investors, and partnerships in the New Jersey and New York metro area who rely on him to keep his pulse on market trends as well as for his expertise in:
Expert accounting and tax services for real estate
The Real Estate Tax Guy is backed by the KRS CPAs team. We’re masters at sweating the details to provide you with on-target bookkeeping, cash flow analysis, and budgeting. We’ll roll up our sleeves and analyze the key financial metrics of your holdings with an eye towards reducing your operating costs.
If your real estate practice is a family-owned business, you can rely on us for professional advice regarding:
- Governance & succession planning
- Shareholder and buy-sell agreements
- Estate and gift planning
- Trust and estate administration
In addition, our background in litigation support for real estate matters allows us to work seamlessly with your attorneys on everything from real estate acquisitions to lease disputes.
Ready to learn more?
Could your business benefit from working with the Real Estate Tax Guy and his team? Schedule a complimentary initial consultation by calling 201.655.7411 or emailing [email protected].
Check out the KRS CPAs blog, Get Real: Real Estate Life Cycle Insights
You’ll get practical tips, advice and insights into tax and accounting issues for commercial and residential real estate properties.
The Real Estate Tax Guy can help you structure real estate operations and investments in a tax efficient manner.
Real estate tax and accounting services include:
- Tax planning and compliance, with focus on State and Local Tax (SALT) and eligibility for credits
- Acquisition review and transaction assistance
- Due diligence assistance for both buyers and sellers
- Cash flow analysis
- Assistance with securing financing and mortgages
- 1031 “like-kind” exchange structuring
- Entity and ownership structure guidance (including assistance with family limited partnerships)
- Income tax projections
- Estate and gift tax planning involving real estate assets
- Litigation support for transactions and dispute resolution
- Coordination with component depreciation and cost segregation experts