KRS is committed to the safety and health of our staff and clients. To that end, we are following the recommendations of the Bergen County Executive and Governor Murphy by adopting a contingency plan to move our office to work remotely effective March 19th.
Our team will continue to give you the same service you have come to expect from us no matter where we work. Although you should continue to call our office and email our staff as you have in the past, there are some suggestions that will assist in these efforts.
- Effective immediately, do not send any documents via Federal Express. We have been advised that FedEx and UPS will not hold packages for pick-up nor will they forward the package. If you need to send a package via FedEx or UPS, please call the office and we will provide an alternative mailing address so that your package is quickly received. If you already have sent a package via FedEx or UPS, please let us know and we will track it.
- Although our U.S. Mail will be picked up daily, we encourage you to send documents using our electronic, encrypted ShareFile service when possible. If you have not used this service in the past, please call or email the office and we will setup your account and assist you with its use.
- We encourage our clients who are able to file on time to send in their tax documents as soon as possible and file by April 15th, if they are expecting a refund. We will be communicating directly with clients with tax balances due and discuss extensions and any delayed payment options, as we are advised.
- Most, if not all, of our tax returns will be sent to you electronically. We will use electronic signature technology (E-Sign) in those states available. If E-Sign cannot be used we will send your returns via our shared file service. We are available to assist you in your use of these electronic services, if needed.
- We understand that many individuals and businesses will be affected by the restrictions and sanctions imposed through social distancing. We are closely monitoring relief packages at the federal, state and local levels. We will continue to share this information with our clients as we are informed. We are available to assist you with planning and budgeting as we all work through this difficult time.
Stay healthy and be safe.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)-Coronavirus Information Page
CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
New Jersey’s Department of Health’s Coronavirus Page
New York’s Department of Health’s Coronavirus Page
U.S. Small Business Administration
NYC Small Business Services